Connected to the DECODE and Col·lacy research projects, we organised this short seminar session about Blockchain and its connection to the Barcelona context, as well as the Commons Collaborative Economy. It was an opportunity to discuss current needs and possible scenarios for this disruptive technology that, among other things, facilitates secure online transactions.
12h – 12h30 – Welcome and introductions
- 12h30 – 13h30 – First part: Cases. How can Blockchain be developed here?
- We invited different cases belonging to the Commons Sharing Economy to share their current activity and challenges. Our aim was to match these realities with current developments that can be developed over Blockchain.
- 13h30 – 14h45 – Second part: Blockchain as a source of transformation
- We took some statements that define the open and platform cooperativism principles and approached them from the point of view of Blockchain.
- 14h45 – 15h – Conclusions
- Lluïsa Marsal, chair at the ITU-UNECE initiative (U4SSC) on Blockchain4Cities.
- Aleix Ripol, Barcelona Bitcoin community organizer.
- Erik Vollstädt, lead ambassador, Bitnation.
- Jordi Herrera, expert on cryptocurrencies and professor at UAB.
- Albert Castellana, co-founder at Atraura Blockchain.
- Miguel Ángel Martínez, founder at Tarsys.
- Francisco Sarrias, managing partner at Marinatel.
- David Proto, co-founder at CreativeChain.
- Nereida Carrillo, freelance journalist and professor at UPF and UAB